Book Smart

Hello Guys,
Yes I know it's been a while and I've not had time to post. I sincerely apologise for my laziness.  I'm working on it by the grace of God.
Today's post is quite different because I'm talking about academics and how to excel in it.
By the grace of God and his strength,  I'm excelling in my academics and I'm ever grateful for his intervention. I've had people come to me and say things like" How do you mix social life , other activities and can still balance it well with other extra curricular work?" One cliché answer is that it's God. To be very honest, I didn't start out like this. In high school, I was so cool with being that average student and continuously living the lie that the devil developed and that is I'm not the best and I can't be the best. So just be stagnant and don't stress.
Getting to Covenant University, I wanted more from life, I was tired of the average life.  I realised that I could be anything in this life and that included being a smart kid and every other thing but then the only thing that'd stop me from this was the lack of faith in my mentality or my God given capacities... Faith is everything is all you need( to start with) 
Now let's get to the gist.

1. BELIEVE in the power of your mind. No man is dull or stupid, you choose to be stupid or smart. That's my philosophy towards my academics. Change your mindset and your perspective, Make a decision to commit to your academics.

2. ALPHA AND OMEGA. Yes!!! I call him that because he's the beginning and the end (in CU we have the Alpha and Omega Semester, just like you have the first and second semester in your various universities) I call him this because he's the one in have and I can NOT make it without him. Each time before I read, I pray for his directions and I sincerely pour my heart out to him, I don't pray like I'm doing him a favour,  I pray like I've nor read and I'm crying for his help. God loves honesty and honours it and I also pray after reading. That way I get this satisfaction in my heart.

3. OUTSTANDING. It's okay to be different,  don't read because Bola or Kunmi is reading,  don't go to library because you like the way it sounds when you're telling your friends that you've been in library for 4 hours.  Learn yourself and understand yourself. My friends call me unserious because they never see me do all this "jacking", but when the results comes , they go like "But she wasn't even reading like we did and she passed" it can't be explained at all, it's Grace. I don't joke with my weekends at all. I know that during the week, I get tired because of my classes and I'd only be deceiving myself if I try to read that time. So from Thursday I start sketching out my to do list for the weekends. I'm not the type to start panicking when I find out that I have an unexpected test, I take a deep breath and pray and if my spirit says, read I do and if not, I don't because I Know it's not me writing the test, it's God and he can not fail.right?. I'm not saying you should copy my method, what I'm saying is understand yourself and you can't do this without the help of the holy spirit. I never miss my night sleep because of a test or an exam, never!  Because I know that if I don't sleep well, it'll affect my capacity to remember and what's the point of reading all night, jacking,  drinking coffee if I can't remember what I read.

4. THE POWER IN THE TONGUE. There is a strong power that comes with every word we speak over our life. I make sure that I never speak negative words over my tests,  I've learnt not to even complain about my tests.  Or if someone should ask me "How was that test, didn't you find it hard" I go like " it was great, no not at all" . There are times that I know I wrote absolute rubbish in that test or exam but I don't confess it at all. I speak success over my exam or tests. I'm not perfect  and there are times that I'll see my scores and I know deep down that I deserved a better score but sometimes God sees such trials as an opportunity to prove himself or make your testimony more interesting. Life  is boring without divine intervention.

5. DO YOUR PART. Now that I've explained how to ace your exams and tests. That doesn't mean you'll nah pray and fast, and start forming "God's got this"  I operate on another level" and you won't do your own part-Reading and Praying. I've had times that I won't read and form There is God, I can't fail and when I get the exam hall, I'll start asking the holy spirit for answers, then I'll hear him laugh at me and say " How am I to bring to remembrance something that you didn't read". That doesn't stop me from nor doing well in the main exams or pray for this intervention.

Comments

  1. I just have to agree with this opinion. Thanks for posting this. I think you should do it often too. There are people who definitely need what you have and you know what? Consistency is the mother of mastery. Means you become a badass at this when you do it consistently.

    PS
    DanielOTABOR.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts