LEARN TO LOVE YOUR BODY

Hello guys, 

I really do hope you're enjoying the weekend? because i am, even though i cringe at the thought of going back to work on Monday, i'm still going to enjoy the remaining few hours of the weekend.


 You know how you look at yourself in the mirror for a really long time and you begin to judge your imperfections and you wish "this" was slimmer,"that" was more curvy and how you just want a perfect body.For the past few weeks, I've been struggling with my body and i mean i came back from school looking so fat and chubby and i was getting this comment a lot "You're so fat" "Are you sure you went to school to study" " where's your result, we'll find out".I couldn't stop thinking about it. I couldn't post pictures on my Instagram because i felt i was too fat and my cheeks were chubby and people would probably insult me.


Day by day, low self esteem was setting in and i wasn't even aware, I had totally misplaced myself,i began to admire the skinny girls and stalk their account and wish people would comment on my picture just the way they commented on their's,i began to compare myself with people to be sure that some people are fatter, i didn't feel good about it, i just wanted to be skinny.



Few days after i came home, I opened up to the Holy spirit about how sad i was feeling and then he told me something that i would never forget "You choose to be sad because you want to,No one is going to love you, if you don't love yourself" and then i said to myself, wait I'm still growing, what if this is really how God wants me to be,Maybe i'm finally growing into a woman. i was so jobless i asked those that called me fat, why they did so and it would amaze you that being fat to a typical Nigerian is growing bum,having fuller breasts and curves. I was so surprised that I laughed at myself for being so naive.

That didn't stop me from exercising and cutting down on the junks,fizzy drinks and food because sometimes tummy fat doesn't help in bringing out your true shape.Why the long gist? you may ask. I've heard slim girls fantasize about adding weight and I've also heard the bigger girls complain also.The thing is you can not have the perfect body, you'll always want more.Before you hit the gym and get rid of that fat and before you start eating those junks to add weight,look in the mirror and embrace yourself for who you are because if you don't appreciate yourself and love yourself, Trust me no amount of love poured on you by someone else would make you feel good or feel better.So learn to fall in love with that person that stares back at you when you look into the mirror.Have a great week guys and be true to yourself.




Wunmi,
XoXo.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts